What's the weather like?
Food & Beverage
Valdez Facts - How much Snow?
Gold Rush Centennial
Request a Visitor's Guide
Facts and Stats
- By air, 35 minutes from Anchorage.
- By road, 305 miles from Anchorage and 365 miles from Fairbanks via the all weather Richardson and Glenn highways.
- By sea, Alaska Marine Highway System ferries, excursion boats, and many cruise ships.
- Port Traffic:
- 70 cruise ship and 640 tanker dockings per year.
- Over 500 rooms in hotels and bed & breakfasts available year-round, additional rooms available in summer.
- Convention Center:
- Valdez Convention & Civic Center has more than 20,000 square feet of meeting space
- Petroleum, Fishing, Travel & Tourism, Shipping.
- Temperate year-round climate with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and the winter highs in the 20s (Fahrenheit)