was developed to assist concerned Alaskans
learn about current issues affecting the state,
to enable them to provide input into the policy making process by communicating views to elected officials,
and to give them the means to promote progressive ideas thru the media and other public forums.
If we are silent, only the voices of special interests will be heard!
- Bartlett Political Forum's Thursday Public Forum
-- the club hosts quest speakers who address timely political, economic & social issues and candidate debates at its weekly
luncheon as a way to inform the voting public.
- The Alaska Conservation Voter's Conservation
Watch weekly report summarizing anti-environment & anti-public interest actions taken by the Alaska State Legislature.
- The Alaska Center for the Environment's Juneau
Watchdog, a weekly report that follows conservation issues through the
- Alaska State Legislature:
- Alaska State Legislature's Home Page
- State Legislature Committee Schedules
- Gavel to Gavel -- KTOO's daily schedule of live television coverage of the Alaska Legislature, where to tune, and Alaska Forum
- The State Legislature's Bill Action and Status Inquiry System (BASIS) -- bill text, status & legislators' votes
- The State Legislature's Searchable
Infobases (The Infobases include: Alaska Statutes, Alaska Constitution, State Executive Orders, State Administrative Journal, Alaska Administrative Code, Current legislation, Previous years bill histories, House & Senate Journals, Legislative Committee Minutes, Legislative Uniform Rules, Research Requests & Library Catalog)
- Democratic Minority Website
- Republican Majority Website
- Other Sources:
Contacting Elected Officials
Using the News Media
Other Ways to Take Action
- Use your Legislative Information Office (LIO). Send a free Public Opinion Message (POM) to your legislator and/or a committee during the Legislative Session (January to May) by calling your local LIO. Message must be 50 words or less. Messages are received in one day. Anchorage LIO phone number is 269-0111 or click here for a statewide listing. LIO's also research bills and issues for you, help you work the statewide computer system and get copies of bills and background information for you.
- Join Your Community Council. Have your Community Council or other community groups pass a resolution relating to your issues.
- Register to Vote, then VOTE! Public servants work for you! Forms are available at the link below or from your legislator, the library, a Legislative Information Office, the Division of Elections on the 3rd floor of the Dimond Center Mall, and in your PFD registration booklet.
This website was originally designed to assist in the efforts of the Alaska Legislative Truth Squad's
2000 Campaign -- A joint project of Alaska Conservation Voters, Alaska Center for the Environment and the Anchorage Women's Political Caucus.