King For A Day Charters
Located on the South
bank of the Klutina River, King for a Day Charters specializes in guided
fishing for Alaska's magnificent King Salmon, along with Sockeye Salmon, Dolly
Varden, and Grayling.
- Copper Center is a 204 mile scenic drive from Anchorage.
- All tackle, bait and fish filleting is included in the price of the
- Hip boots are provided for free.
- No hidden costs!
- Maximum of six fishermen, plenty of fishing space.
- Each fisherman uses a high quality handmade Lamiglass rod with level wind Abu Garcia
loaded with plenty of
80# T.U.F. line and outfitted with well maintained custom made lures. No junk!
- One on one instruction and personal attention from your Captain.
- You bring a bag lunch, drinks, and light rain gear if needed.
- An Alaskan sport fishing license and King Stamp are required, and may be obtained at our
- Small coolers and day packs welcome.
- Captain Rex personally sees to it that your catch is processed and shipped
to the address of your choice (the cost of processing & shipping is not
included in charter fare).
- Your catch is hung up at the end of the fishing day for plenty of picture
- Should you desire, a local taxidermist is available for mounting your
trophy Copper River King.
- Half day charters for King and/or Sockeye Salmon are $185.00 per person and
lasts approximately 5 hours.
- Full day charters for King and/or Sockeye Salmon are $225.00 per person and
lasts approximately 8 hours.
- The Grand Slam Charter which includes a 26 mile ride upriver to Klutina lake for King and/or Sockeye Salmon, along
with Dolly Varden and Grayling, is $250 per person and lasts approximately
- Most reservations are taken between March and June. However, earlier
reservations have a better choice of dates and times.
- Reservations are confirmed with a 50% deposit per person per day, payable
by personal check, money order, or credit card.
- Reservations are only tentative until a deposit is received.
- Cancellation policy: all but $25 processing fee is returned with a 14 day
- Advanced reservations are suggested.
- Call 1-907-822-3092 and talk directly to us for space and
For a Day Charters also offers Copper
River Jet boat Tours
Take a ride down the scenic Copper River in a
climate controlled Jet boat designed specifically for navigating the braided, narrow, and fast running
Tours begin at the confluence of the Klutina
River and end at the confluence of the Lower Tonsina River.
The tour lasts for 3 hours and ends with a scrumptious
King Salmon Bake at our Campground/RV Park.
Along the Copper River you will have the
opportunity to view many varieties of Alaskan wildlife.
The price for this special charter is $100.00
King for a day also offers a full service RV park.
10 full service hookups, 14 with electrical, and 28 dry
Located directly on the Klutina River, there is excellent
fishing available right from our shoreline.
Rental cabins are available, along with laundry facilities,
hot showers, and a recreation room.
$25.00/day for full hookup, $20.00/day for just electrical
hookups, and $15.00/day for dry.
Long term rates are available also.
to see Photographs.
For A Day Charters
Mile 100.5 Richardson Highway
P.O. Box 372
Copper Center, Alaska 99573
Captain Rex Henderson
Back to Top