Amos Burg: List of Reference Materials
PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE STRAITS OF MAGELLAN REGION,
from Nat. Geo. Soc. Exp., 1933-34 (269 prints)
Oregon Historical Society Moving Images Collection
Oregon Historical Society AudioTape Collection
Publications Authored or photographed by Amos Burg
- On Mackenzie's Trail to the Polar Sea. National Geographic Magazine, August 1931.127-156.
- Today on the Yukon Trail of 1898. National Geographic Magazine, July 1930: 85-126.
- Native Son's Rambles in Oregon. National Geographic Magazine, February 1934: 172-224, By Amos Burg
- Coconuts and Coral Islands March 1934 265-298. National Geographic Magazine, By Ian Hogman, Amos Burg photographer.
- Land of the Free in Asia: Siam Has Blended New With Old in Her Progressive March to
Modern Statehood in the Family of Nations. National Geographic Magazine, May 1934. By Robert W. Moore, Amos Burg Photographer.
- Inside Cape Horn, National Geographic Magazine, 1937: 743-784. By Amos Burg.
- Britain Just Before the Storm. National Geographic Magazine, August 1940:185-212. By Amos Burg.
- Strategic Alaska Looks Ahead. National Geographic Magazine, Sept. 1942: 281-315. By Ernest Gruening, Amos Burg Photographer.
- Cruising Columbia's Ol' Man River. National Geographic Magazine. 1947: 615-660. By Amos Burg.
- Endeavour Sails the Inside Passage. National Geographic Magazine, 1947:801-828. By Amos Burg.
- North Star] Cruises Alaska's Wild West. North Star] National Geographic Magazine. July 1952:57-86. By Amos Burg.
- Along the Yukon Trail: On a Route of Tragedy and Treasure,
Old-timers and Ghost Towns Recall the Stampeders of '98, "Clean Mad for the Muck Called Gold".
National Geographic Magazine, Sept. 1953:395-416. By Amos Burg.
- Amos also made a number of educational films for the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
Publications/Films about Amos Burg
- Exploration of Cape Horn Region, 1934. Research Report on National Geographic Society Grant No. 98,
Amos Burg, Principal Investigator. National Geographic Society Research Reports 1890-1954, published 1975. Section on Amos Burg, page 31-34.
- Explorers Journal biography of Amos Burg. Explorers Journal, March 1982 Vol. 60(1): 4-7, by Oshin Agathon.Amos Burg FN 1931.
(this is the official journal of the famed New York exploring society, of which Amos was a member),
- The Journey of Amos Burg, an excellent public TV documentary film by Nancy Long.
Available from KTOO TV Juneau and library collections in numerous states.
- Amos Burg. pp73-77 in: The Snake River of Hells Canyon.
Carrey, John, Cort Conley and Ace Barton. 1979. Backeddy Books, Cambridge Idaho.
Top of Document
Contact: Fritz Funk (email@example.com)